Vegan banana pancakes made from healthy, whole-food ingredients. These guilt-free pancakes contain no flour and no added sugar, making them the perfect start to your day!
- 1 cup rolled oats
- 1 cup mashed banana
- 1 tbsp flaxseed meal
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup almond milk
- 1 tsp apple cider vinegar
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- Coconut oil
- Fresh fruit
- Maple syrup
- In a small bowl, use a fork to lightly mash the banana(s). Next, measure 1 cup of mashed banana and set aside.
- Add all of the dry ingredients into a high-speed blender. Next, add in the wet ingredients. Blend ingredients together until a smooth batter is formed.
- Lightly coat a nonstick skillet with coconut oil (or oil of your choosing) and heat on low-medium.
- Once the skillet is warm, scoop the batter onto the skillet and let cook for 2-3 minutes. When bubbles begin to form on the surface of each pancake, flip to cook the other side for an additional 1-2 minutes. Repeat until all of the batter is used.
- Serve pancakes with the toppings of your choosing.
- Perfectly ripened bananas will have a peel that is yellow with brown specks. Ripened bananas are ideal because of their texture and sweetness.
- I recommend using a 1/4 measuring cup to scoop the batter for each pancake. This aids in creating round, even pancakes.
- My favorite (and recommended) toppings are fresh fruit, nut butter, and maple syrup.
Keywords: Pancakes, Banana pancakes, Vegan pancakes, Flourless pancakes, Gluten-free