These vegan blueberry pancakes are a delicious breakfast treat! Enjoy this light and fluffy pancake stack with warm maple syrup on top.
There’s nothing like starting your day off with a stack of fluffy vegan pancakes, am I right? And it’s even better when the pancake stack is topped with warm maple syrup, a slice of vegan butter, and fresh blueberries. This recipe is pretty much my go-to weekend brunch!
These vegan blueberry pancakes are:
- Light and fluffy
- Sweetened with coconut sugar
How to Make Vegan Blueberry Pancakes
The recipe for these pancakes is quite simple. Let’s break it down in five steps:
- First, create the flax egg (see below for flax egg instructions).
- Second, combine the dry ingredients. This includes flour, sugar, baking powder, and salt.
- Next, toss in the wet ingredients. This includes almond milk, blueberries, vanilla, and the flax egg.
- Then, spoon the batter onto a warm skillet to cook.
- Finally, top the pancakes with maple syrup, vegan butter, and fresh blueberries.
How to Make a Flax Egg
Since this pancake recipe is egg-free, I used a flax egg to act as a replacement. What is a flax egg, you ask? The answer is simple: flaxseed meal + water. You can create a flax egg in three easy steps:
- Combine 1 tbsp flaxseed meal + 2 tbsp water.
- Stir together and set aside for 5 minutes.
- Voila! You have created a flax egg.
The main purpose of a flax egg is to bind ingredients together, much like a traditional egg would do. But that’s not the only benefit! Flax seeds are loaded with nutrients, adding a boost of vitamins and minerals to these pancakes.
Here are my best tips for these vegan blueberry pancakes:
- Do not over-mix the pancake batter. To achieve fluffy pancakes, mix the ingredients until just combined. Still have lumps and air pockets in the batter? That’s totally ok. In fact, it’s preferred!
- If you don’t have coconut sugar on hand, you can use regular cane sugar instead.
- Pay attention while the pancakes are cooking! The best time to flip each pancake is when air bubbles begin to form on their surface. Follow this rule and you’ll always achieve golden-brown pancakes.
- Add any toppings of your choosing. But, personally, I think maple syrup is a must!
If you like this vegan blueberry pancake recipe, you may also enjoy these vegan banana pancakes!Print
These vegan blueberry pancakes are light, fluffy, and SO delicious! Enjoy this pancake recipe with maple syrup, vegan butter, and fresh blueberries.
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3 tbsp coconut sugar
- 2 tbsp baking powder
- 1 tsp salt
- 2 cups almonds milk
- 3/4 cup blueberries
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- Flax egg: 1 tbsp ground flaxseed + 2 tbsp water
- Create the flax egg by combining 1 tbsp flaxseed meal + 2 tbsp water. Stir together, and then set aside for 5 minutes.
- Mix the dry ingredients in a large bowl. Then, add in the flax egg + all wet ingredients. Stir until just combined.
- Heat a skillet on medium temperature. Grease the skillet with oil or non-stick spray.
- Spoon the pancake batter onto the skillet. Once bubbles begin to form on the surface of each pancake, flip to cook the other side.
- Serve with maple syrup and any toppings of your choosing.
- Store any leftover pancakes in the refrigerator within an airtight container. Reheat on a skillet before consuming.
Keywords: blueberry pancakes, vegan blueberry pancakes, vegan breakfast, healthy pancakes